From: Алексей Смирнов <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sun 06-04-2014 11:01
Subject: And a little more about the history of Zoology
To: [log in to unmask];

For all colleagues who are interested in history of biology.

Please find attached my brief biographical note deals with the life and scientific work of Russian polar explorer and zoologist Gregory Petrovich Gorbunov. Among his publication three devoted to the fauna of arctic echinoderms.

Gorbunov G.P. 1932. To the knowledge of the of echinoderms fauna of the Franz Josef Land and the Sea of Queen Victoria. – Trudy Arkticheskogo Instituta [Transactions of the Arctic Institute], 2: 93-139, map (In Russian with German summary[Gorbunow G. Zur Kenntnis der Echinodermenfauna des Franz-Joseph Landes und der Königen Viktoria See] on pp 129-139).

Gorbunov G.P. 1933a. To the knowledge of the echinoderms fauna of the coastal waters of the Northern Island of Novaya Zemlya. – Trudy Arkticheskogo Instituta [Transactions of the Arctic Institute], 7: 41-70 (In Russian with German summary [Gorbunow G. Zur Kenntnis der Echinodermenfauna der Nordinselkünstengewässer von Nowaja Semlja] on p 70 and Russian and German parallel text on pp. 50-69).

Gorbunov G.P. 1933b. Echinoderms of the northern part [half] of the Kara Sea. – Trudy Arkticheskogo Instituta [Transactions of the Arctic Institute], 8: 5-78, map (In Russian with German summary [Gorbunow G. Die Echinodermata der nördlichen Hälfte des Karischen Meeres] on pp 54-61 and Russian and German parallel text on pp. 62-78).

All the best,

Alexey.