One of our language tutors started an international cafe. She solicits and
organize native language speakers from our student body population who then
anchor tables on Sunday afternoon in our dining hall. It's social and
unstructured but she's had an impressive turnout. She is paid for the time
she spends on Sunday, but all of the other students volunteer their time.

Several of my other peer tutors plan to use a similar model with the honor
societies for subject specific tutoring (paid organizer, volunteer
services). Each of our student organizations is required to have two or
more community service activities per semester, they've already received
approval for their on campus peer tutoring to count as a community service
activity. I'll let you know how it goes in the fall.

~Amerika Grewal

--
Amerika Grewal - [log in to unmask] - (718)390-3181
Wagner College-Associate Director-Center for Academic & Career Engagement

Web calendar http://bit.ly/1aJp3tB