From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Garri Rivkin
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Trying to Develop a Survey--Need Assistance!

Hi all,

I am trying to create a survey that will be disseminated to students receiving tutoring. I am trying to see how comfortable the students are with the material since they began tutoring. However, I want to translate comfort into specific terms. What questions would allow me to assess for comfort?

I am also interested in learning what students received on their first high stakes assignment. Tutoring begins right after the 6 week mark for most of the students--after the first assignment has already been administered. I'd like to compare that grade with their final grade. Have any of you asked students about their grade explicitly in surveying them, or have you sought to use other kinds of questions to get at an approximation of their performance?

I look forward to hearing from you!

--

Garri Rivkin
Program Director of Academic Support Services for the Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership at City College of New York; Director of the Tutoring Programs at City College's College Now and RAPSI; Executive Director of The City Tutors thecitytutors.com; [log in to unmask]