From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Durham, Kellie
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 6:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question - Peer Academic Coaching

Hello,

Do any of you use students to do peer academic coaching (i.e. reading, time management, note taking, test taking, and study skills development)?  If so, do you mind sharing the following information with me:

-          What criteria do you use to select peer academic coaches?

-          How are they interviewed, selected, and compensated?

-          How do you train your peer academic coaches - do any of you use a prescribed curriculum, handbook, or textbook?

-          Are there articles, books, or resources on the subject that you would recommend for a new program?

Feel free to respond off-list.

Thanks!

-Kellie

Kellie Durham

Certified Learning Center Professional - Level 1 Director, Academic Resource Center Coordinator, Disability Support Services Concordia University - Ann Arbor

734.995.7582

[cid:[log in to unmask]]<http://www.cuaa.edu/arc>[cid:[log in to unmask]]<https://www.facebook.com/ArcConcordiaUniversityAcademicResourceCenter> [cid:[log in to unmask]] <https://plus.google.com/114699699145327204624>  [cid:[log in to unmask]] <https://twitter.com/ARCCUAA>  [cid:[log in to unmask]] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>