After posting my response here, Norm Stahl suggested I post my response it
where it might be better heard by policy-makers.  I asked where and he gave
the following suggestion to me. I posted it there after posting it on
LRNASST.

From Norm Stahl:

The place where it could do more good is at

http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2014/04/18/essay-how-fix-remedial-e

This is the where the Jones commentary was posted for Inside Higher
Education.

There is room for comments below the commentary.

You may also want to post your comments reacting to the posting, to be
better heard by policy-makers who may not be aware of the roles community
colleges play.  And that CCs need to continue to support all adults wanting
to improve their life through education, whether or not they ever choose to
seek or receive a recognized formal two-year or four-year degree or beyond.

Thanks.

Rick

Rick Sheets, Ed.D.

LSC Director & Adjunct Faculty member, Paraduise Valley Community College
(retired)

CRLA - ITTPC Coordinator for International Tutor Training Program
Certification

LSCHE Co-founder & Webmaster

623-240-0528