Thank you, Vlado.
Thank you so much.

Prabir

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Vladimir Batagelj <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 14-04-2014 11:24, Loet Leydesdorff wrote:

>> Dear Marianna and Prabir:
>>
>> Diana Lucio-Arias & Loet Leydesdorff, Main-path analysis and
>> path-dependent transitions in HistCite(tm)-based historiograms [1],
>> _Journal of the American Society for Information Science and
>> Technology _59(12), 1948-1962, 2008 <pdf-version [2]>; <software [3]>
>>
>> http://arxiv.org/abs/0911.1454 [4]
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Loet
>>

>   Instead of main path I prefer to use critical path method (CPM).
>   The main path method is based on a greedy heuristic while CPM determines
>   the path with the largest sum of all its weights.
>   Another option is to determine the line island(s) - a subnetwork with
>   the strongest links. It usually contains the main path and CPM path.
>
>   http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-642-10745-0_57
>   http://pajek.imfm.si/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=dl:gfkl_305.pdf
>
>   best,   Vlado
>
> --
> Vladimir Batagelj
>   University of Ljubljana, FMF, Department of Mathematics
>   Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
>   T: +386 1 4766 672
>   W: http://vladowiki.fmf.uni-lj.si/doku.php?id=vlado

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*Dr.Prabir G.DastidarScientist/DirectorMinistry of Earth sciencesPrithvi
Bhavan (Opposite to India Habitat Centre)Lodi RoadNew Delhi- 110003INDIA.*

*E-mail:* [log in to unmask]
*(Alternate mail)* [log in to unmask]

*Telephone:* 91-11-24669520(O),
0120-2481046 (R)
*FAX:* 011-24629779
*Mobile:* 91-9868543999.

*Confidentiality Notice: *This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.