Amar,

One approach would be to use network simulation from the egocentrically
sampled data to simulate networks that are consistent with the observed
degree probability distribution, and summarize the global network
properties of interest (so not just point estimates, but also measures of
variability).

If you want to change network size, you need to consider the fundamental
questions of size invariance.  First order question is whether the
probability of a tie (density) or the expected number of ties/person (mean
degree) remain constant as network size changes.  A good discussion can be
found in Krivitsky et al. (2011)
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1572312711000086

All of this can be done with the statnet software -- and there are
specific discussions of network estimation/simulation from egocentrically
sampled data in the ergm and stergm tutorials, online here:

https://statnet.csde.washington.edu/trac/wiki/Sunbelt2014

best,
Martina

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014, Amar Dhand wrote:

> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Dear all,
>
> I request your help with the following question about network structure variables in an egocentric analysis. What
> variables can one generate from an egocentric analysis in which egos have a different number of alters? Specifically,
> can one reliably calculate components, cliques, maximum/average degree of most popular network member when the network
> size is variable?
>
> Any references about this topic would be appreciated. Thank you!
>
> Sincerely,
> Amar
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------------------
> Amar Dhand, MD DPhil
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine
> Health Communication Research Laboratory, The Brown School
> Washington University in St. Louis
> 660 S. Euclid Avenue, Box 8111
> St. Louis, MO  63110
>
> [o] 314-747-7036 [f] 314-362-1771 [e] [log in to unmask] [e] [log in to unmask]
>
> Department of Neurology | Health Communication Research Laboratory | Washington University
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------------------
>

> From: Valdis Krebs <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:28:16 -0400
> To: <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Social network perspectives in HRM

> Kamal,
> I have been doing practical SNA with HR clients for 20+ years as a consultant/researcher.  Before starting Orgnet, LLC
> in 1995, I was an HR Manager in large corporations -- Toyota, Ford, TRW, Disney.  Started doing internal SNA @ TRW in
> the early 1990s.
> HR Cases...
> http://orgnet.com/cases.html
> http://orgnet.com/OrgNetMap.pdf
> http://orgnet.com/TRWDiversityNetworks.pdf
>
> Papers/Articles on SNA in HR...
> http://orgnet.com/IHJour_XII_No5_p38_42.pdf
> http://orgnet.com/Managing21CenturyOrganization.pdf
> http://orgnet.com/UnearthingHiddenGems.pdf
> http://orgnet.com/IHJour_VXI_No6_p20_21.pdf
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Valdis Krebs
> Orgnet, LLC
>
> On Apr 23, 2014, at 9:36 AM, kamal badar wrote:
>
>       ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Dear All,
>
> I'm looking forward to designing a graduate level course titled "Social network perspectives in HRM". I'm
> looking for relevant course material. Help from the list will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and regards
> Dr. Kamal Badar
> Assistant Professor (TTS) HEC Approved Ph.D. Supervisor
> Institute of Management Sciences
> University of Balochistan
> Quetta, Pakistan.

> [...]

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Director, UWCFAR Sociobehavioral and Prevention Research Core
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:        (206) 685-3402