Dear List,

I'd like to thank all the people that suggested so many interesting
papers... Here's the list of references received so far:

Rick Aalbersa, Wilfred Dolfsmab, Otto Koppius, "Individual
connectedness in innovation networks: On the role of individual
motivation", Research Policy 42 (2013) 624–634

Rick Aalbers, Wilfred Dolfsma1 and Otto Koppius, Rich Ties and
Innovative Knowledge Transfer within a Firm, British Journal of
Management, Vol. ••, ••–•• (2013)

Brian Becker and Barry Gerhart, The Impact of Human Resource
Management on Organizational Performance: Progress and Prospects, The
Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 39, No. 4 (Aug., 1996), pp.
779-801

Stephen P. Borgatti and Pacey C. Foster, The Network Paradigm in
Organizational Research: A Review and Typology, Journal of Management
2003; 29; 991

Borgatti, Stephen P., and José-Luis Molina. "Toward ethical guidelines
for network research in organizations." Social Networks 27.2 (2005):
107-117.

Brass, Daniel J., et al. "Taking stock of networks and organizations:
A multilevel perspective." Academy of management journal 47.6 (2004):
795-817.

Brass, Being in the right place: a structural analysis of individual
influence in an organization, Administrative science quarterly, vol
29, n4, (dec 1984), pp 518-539

Daniel Brass, Giuseppe Labianca, Ajay Mehra, Daniel Halgin, Stephen P.
Borgatti, Contemporary Perspectives on Organizational Social Networks,
 Research in the Sociology of Organizations v. 40, 2014

Kathleen M. Carley, 2002, “Intra-Organizational Computation and
Complexity,” In Companion to Organizations. Edited by Joel A.C. Baum
(Ed.), Blackwell Publishers, Ch. 9: 208-232.

Kathleen M. Carley, 2002, “Smart Agents and Organizations of the
Future,” The Handbook of New Media.  Edited by Leah Lievrouw and Sonia
Livingstone (Eds.), Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage, Ch. 12: 206-220.

Kathleen M. Carley, 2005, “Organizational Design and Assessment in
Cyberspace,” in Organizational Simulation William B. Rouse, Kenneth R.
Boff (Eds.), John Wiley Sons Inc., Hoboken New Jersey.

Kathleen M. Carley, 1986, “Measuring Efficiency in a Garbage Can
Hierarchy,” Ambiguity and Command: Organizational Perspectives on
Military Decision Making, Edited by James March and Roger
Weissinger-Baylon (Eds.), Boston, MA: Pitman, Pp. 165-194.

Kathleen M. Carley, 1986, “Efficiency in a Garbage Can:  Implications
for Crisis Management,” Ambiguity and Command:  Organizational
Perspectives on Military Decision Making, Edited by James March and
Roger Weissinger-Baylon (Eds.), Boston, MA: Pitman, Pp. 195-231.

Marcelo Cataldo, Jim D. Herbsleb and Kathleen M. Carley, 2008,
“Socio-Technical Congruence: A Framework for Assessing the Impact of
Technical and Work Dependencies on Software Development Productivity,”
In Proceedings of the Second ACM-IEEE International Symposium on
Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement, New York, NY: ACM, Pp.
2-11. ACM Distinguished Paper Award.

Chelmis, C. and Prasanna, V. K., The Role of Organization Hierarchy in
Technology Adoption at the Workplace, In The 2013 IEEE/ACM
International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and
Mining, Niagara Falls, Canada, August 25-28 2013.

Chelmis, C. and Prasanna, V. K., An empirical analysis of
microblogging behavior in the enterprise, Social Network Analysis and
Mining, 3(3):611-633. 2013.

Chelmis, C. and Prasanna, V. K., Microblogging in the Enterprise: A
Few Comments are in Order, In page 62-70, Istanbul, Turkey, August
26-29 2012. IEEE Computer Society

Chelmis, C. and Prasanna, V. K., Predicting Communication Intention in
Social Networks, In Social Computing (SocialCom), 2012 ASE/IEEE Fourth
International Conference on, page 184-194, Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
September 3-5 2012.

Rob Cross, Stephen P. Borgatti, Andrew Parker, Making Invisible Work
Visible: Using Social Network Analysis to Support Strategic
Collaboration, The NETWORK ROUNDTABLE at the UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA

Rob Cross, Robert Kaše, Martin Kilduff and Zella King: Bridging the
Gap between Research and Practice in Organizational Network Analysis:
A Conversation between Rob Cross and Martin Kilduff
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hrm.21545/abstract

Judith A. Effken, Barbara B. Brewer, Anita Patil, Gerri S. Lamb, Joyce
A. Verran and Kathleen M. Carley, 2003, “Using Computational Modeling
to Study the Impact of Workplace Characteristics on Patient Safety
Outcomes,” In Proceedings of the AMIA2003 Symposium:  Biomedical and
Health Informatics: From Foundations to Applications, Electronic
Publication: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1480268/pdf/amia2003_0837.pdf.

Terrill L. Frantz and Kathleen. M. Carley, 2009, “Computationally
Modeling the Effect of Organizational Complexity on Post-merger
Integration,” Edited by Cary L. Cooper and Sydney Finkelstein (Eds.),
Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, Oxford, UK: JAI Press, Ch. 8:
79-102.

JOHN-PAUL HATALA, Social Network Analysis in Human Resource
Development: A New Methodology, Human Resource Development Review
Vol. 5, No. 1 March 2006, 45-71

Kadushin, Understanding Social Networks: An Introduction to Social
Network Concepts, Theories and Findings. Oxford University Press.

Robert Kaše, Zella King, Dana Minbaeva, Special Issue: Using Social
Network Research in HRM, July/August 2013, Volume 52, Issue 4, Pages
473–644 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hrm.v52.4/issuetoc
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-8551.2012.00835.x/abstract

B. Lepri, J. Staiano, G. Rigato, K. Kalimeri, A. Finnerty, F. Pianesi,
N. Sebe, A. Pentland, The sociometric badges corpus: A multilevel
behavioral dataset for social
behavior in complex organizations -
http://disi.unitn.it/~staiano/pubs/SocialCom2012_CameraReady.pdf

Janine Nahapiet and Sumantra Ghoshal, Social Capital, Intellectual
Capital, and the Organizational Advantage, The Academy of Management
Review, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Apr., 1998), pp. 242-266

Olguin, D.O.; Waber, B.N. ; Taemie Kim; Mohan, A. ; Ara, K. ;
Pentland, A. Sensible organizations: Technology and methodology for
automatically measuring organizational behavior
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=4694078

Salvatore Parise, Knowledge Management and Human Resource Development:
An Application in Social Network Analysis Methods, Advances in
Developing Human Resources 2007; 9; 359

Keith G. Provan, Mark A. Veazie, Lisa K. Staten and Nicolette I.
Teufel-Shone, The Use of Network Analysis to Strengthen Community
Partnerships, Public Administration Review, Vol. 65, No. 5 (Sep. -
Oct., 2005), pp. 603-613

Craig Schreiber and Kathleen M. Carley, 2008, “Dynamic Network
Leadership: Leading for Learning Adaptability,” Complexity Leadership
Part I: Conceptual Foundations, edited by Mary Uhl-Bien and Russ
Marion (Eds.), Ch. 11: 291-332, Charlotte, NC: Information Age
Publishing, Inc.

S. Teso, J. Staiano, A. Passerini, B. Lepri, F. Pianesi, Ego-Centric
Graphlets for Personality and Affective States Recognition -
http://disi.unitn.it/~staiano/pubs/TSLPP_SOCIALCOM13.pdf

Tichy, Tushman, Fombrun, Social network analysis for organizations,
The academy of management review, vol 4, n 4, (Oct. 1979) pp. 507-519

Wenpin Tsai, Knowledge Transfer in Intraorganizational Networks:
Effects of Network Position and Absorptive Capacity on Business Unit
Innovation and Performance, The Academy of Management Journal, Vol.
44, No. 5. (Oct., 2001), pp. 996-1004

Eoin Whelan, Salvatore Parise, Jasper de Valk and Rick Aalbers (2011)
"Creating Employee Networks That Deliver Open Innovation", MIT SLOAN
Management review, 53:1

Zhiang Lin and Kathleen M. Carley, 2001, “Organizational Design and
Adaptation in Response to Crises: Theory and Practice,” AoM Best
Papers Proceedings. Edited by In Dennis H. Nagao (Ed.), Sixty-First
Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Washington, D.C., August
3-8, “How Governments Matter,” Academy of Management Proceedings 2001,
Academy of Management, Washington D.C. OMT: B1-B6.

Best regards,
Simone

--
Simone Gabbriellini, PhD