Hello List,

I am trying to collect a minimum bibliography about ONA. My point is
to understand the state-of-the-art in mapping an organization network,
the techniques used to collect data (preferably indirectly, like mail
databases and so on...) and the most relevant hypotheses that drive
the research in the field.

I have collected these list so far:

Brian Becker and Barry Gerhart, The Impact of Human Resource
Management on Organizational Performance: Progress and Prospects, The
Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 39, No. 4 (Aug., 1996), pp.
779-801

Stephen P. Borgatti and Pacey C. Foster, The Network Paradigm in
Organizational Research: A Review and Typology, Journal of Management
2003; 29; 991

Brass, Being in the right place: a structural analysis of individual
influence in an organization, Administrative science quarterly, vol
29, n4, (dec 1984), pp 518-539

Rob Cross, Stephen P. Borgatti, Andrew Parker, Making Invisible Work
Visible: Using Social Network Analysis to Support Strategic
Collaboration, The NETWORK ROUNDTABLE at the UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA

JOHN-PAUL HATALA, Social Network Analysis in Human Resource
Development: A New Methodology, ´┐╝Human Resource Development Review
Vol. 5, No. 1 March 2006, 45-71

Janine Nahapiet and Sumantra Ghoshal, Social Capital, Intellectual
Capital, and the Organizational Advantage, The Academy of Management
Review, Vol. 23, No. 2 (Apr., 1998), pp. 242-266

Salvatore Parise, Knowledge Management and Human Resource Development:
An Application in Social Network Analysis Methods, Advances in
Developing Human Resources 2007; 9; 359

Keith G. Provan, Mark A. Veazie, Lisa K. Staten and Nicolette I.
Teufel-Shone, The Use of Network Analysis to Strengthen Community
Partnerships, Public Administration Review, Vol. 65, No. 5 (Sep. -
Oct., 2005), pp. 603-613

Tichy, Tushman, Fombrun, Social network analysis for organizations,
The academy of management review, vol 4, n 4, (Oct. 1979) pp. 507-519

Wenpin Tsai, Knowledge Transfer in Intraorganizational Networks:
Effects of Network Position and Absorptive Capacity on Business Unit
Innovation and Performance, The Academy of Management Journal, Vol.
44, No. 5. (Oct., 2001), pp. 996-1004

As I am very new to this field so I have surely missed some relevant
paper, thus any comment/suggestion is really more than welcome,

Best regards,
Simone

--
Simone Gabbriellini, PhD