Hi Clayton,

We use citation network analysis (based on co-authorship) to explore how structure of
ties in organizations collaboration networks (in terrorism research) affects the quality
of research they produce. Organizations, include US government agencies, intel
community, universities etc. The dataset has info on journals (where organizations are
publishing), so technically you can easily  add the impact factor info. If that's
relevant to your project, e-mail me directly and I might be able to share part of our
data.

Best,
Alla

> Hi SOCNET,
>
> I am researching how US government agencies use social network analysis. Specifically,
> I'm interested in whether such agencies have used any type of citation or coauthorship
> analysis to measure their impact. I'm particularly interested in analyses that may be
> coupled with visualizations.
>
> Does anyone on the list have an idea of specific projects or particular agencies that
> may make for a useful place to start?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best,
>
> Clayton Munnings
> Resources for the Future
> O: 202-328-5177

Alla G. Khadka, PhD (c)
University of Pittsburgh
Graduate School of Public & International Affairs
3400 Wesley W. Posvar Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Phone: (412) 482-6887
E-mail: [log in to unmask]