Olivia,

That sounds very interesting, could you please share the slides and give a reference to download your paper?

Cheers,

Denis Parra
PUC CHile
http://web.ing.puc.cl/~dparra/

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Guang-Ying Mo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Gilad,

I have used multilevel multiple membership models to solve similar problems.

a. I am looking at researchers affiliated with multiple projects. In this case, projects are treated as group level nodes rather than attributes. But I do think projects are the equivalent of countries in your study.

b. Then I looked at how the characteristics of each project jointly affect each individual who is affiliated with multiple projects, in terms of his/her behavior or structural position in the whole network. I am not sure if you are only looking at "the odds of the connection of two people in the same country" because the multilevel multiple membership models mainly look at the observed networks.

I have presented the work at SUNBELT this year. If you are interested in it, please let me know and I can send your the slides.

Guang Ying Mo
PhD Candidate
Department of Sociology
University of Toronto