In a SNA-based case study, would it be normal/common/acceptable to say that your unit of analysis is a social network?  Does anyone know of a study I can cite that does this?  Ideally I'd like to find a paper that explicitly states that the study's unit of analysis was a social network, but even if it's implied, that would be okay.
Thank you.