On Wednesday, Alaska State Library director Linda Thibodeau told the Alaska
Historical Commission that negotiations are under way to keep roughly one
quarter of the archive's 12,000 boxes of records.

The remaining 9,000 boxes, which contain documents on topics as varied as
village schools and the U.S. Coast Guard, are scheduled to move to the
National Archives office in Seattle.

"We are going to be -- that's a sure thing -- taking in 1,000 boxes of Alaska
Railroad records," Thibodeau told the commission.

http://bit.ly/1hvdbOw

http://bit.ly/1hvdbOw+

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA IGP