  As strange as it may seem afternoon birding at Seacrest Scrub is
apparently better that the morning. Bill Ryan birded the scrub at 10 AM
with 2 warbler species but from 2 to 5 I had 11 species with good
numbers, though nothing unusual. This was also better than Spanish River
Park in Boca Raton yesterday from 2 to 4 with Dave Hasse where we had 10
common species but low numbers.
  The highlights were a Yellow-billed Cuckoo and the high numbers of
Black & White and Ovenbirds, 24 each.

  Details follow.

John Shelly
Boynton Beach, Palm Beach Co.