This afternoon, 4/24, I stopped off at Central Park in Ormond Beach to
look for the Short-tailed Hawks that have been seen there. I found a
juvenile dark morph Short-tailed Hawk and a juvenile light morph
Broad-winged Hawk. I also had a fly-over of what appeared to be a second
juvenile light morph Broad-winged Hawk that seemed to be of the
moderately streaked type.

This was a great afternoon for raptors with 8 species -- Red-shouldered
Hawk, Red-tailed Hawk, Short-tailed Hawk, Broad-winged Hawk, Cooper's
Hawk, Swallow-tailed Kite, Bald Eagle and Osprey. This was between 5:00 −
6:00 p.m.

On Monday and Tuesday (4/21 and 4/22) there was a late 1st cycle
Glaucous Gull at Ponce de Leon Inlet. There were also few Bonaparte's
Gulls and a Common Tern. None of these birds was there this morning.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL