Hey everyone,

This morning my wife and I did our monthly volunteering out at the Scrub Jay Trail.  Before pulling weeds in the restored oak scrub, we birded the property.  We ended up finding 40 species:

Wood Duck
Northern Bobwhite (at least 3 calling, but Bruce and Cathy Brown of the Trail have been seeing more than a dozen)
Anhinga
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Cattle Egret
White Ibis
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Red-Tailed Hawk
Sandhill Crane
White-Winged Dove (3)
Mourning Dove
Common Ground-Dove
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Great Crested Flycatcher
White-Eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
Florida Scrub-Jay (2)
American Crow
Fish Crow
Purple Martin
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
Gray Catbird
Brown Thrasher
Northern Mockingbird
Common Yellowthroat
American Redstart (1)
Cape May Warbler (1 male, my first for the Trail)
Northern Parula
Palm Warbler
Northern Cardinal
Red-Winged Blackbird
Common Grackle

The Scrub Jay Trail is located on Montevista Road, south of SR-50 between Clermont and Groveland in southern Lake County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, FL (Orange Co.)