Fellow Birders Today I took a 40 mile cycle-birding ride down the Van Fleet Trail in Polk County. All along the way I was entertained by a cacophony (I love this word) of bird songs. It included Parulas, Common Yellowthroats, Pines, Carolina Wrens, Tufted Titmice, Cardinals, Cat Birds (not singing but meowing), White Eyed Vireos, Red Bellied and Pileated Woodpeckers, White Wing Doves, Bobwhite Quails, Eastern Towhees. Blue Jays  and my favorite, a beautiful male Prothonatory Warbler singing on territory. This is the 13th year in a row that I have encountered Pronthonatorys' in this same spot! I also had to sashay around a very possessive cottonmouth who was guarding HIS  spot of the trail, flashing his open mouth to me (now I know why they are called cottonmouths). In two more weeks I will be cycle-birding the Blue Ridge Parkway in time for the spring chorus of warblers.(I love springtime birding) Mike
 "We live as long as we are remembered"
 Michael Chakan
Lakeland, Fl.
 .