Last night, 5/15, I worked late and stopped off at Ponce de Leon Inlet at about 7:15 p.m. We had had torrential rains and storms all afternoon. I was scanning the Inlet with my scope and was surprised when I found an Arctic Tern feeding in the Inlet. It was too far away for photos, but it did offer great scope views. This morning, 5/16, I found the Arctic Tern again; this time feeding with Least Terns inside the inlet. Later today, a group of us went to Disappearing Island to set up barriers around the beginnings of a Least Tern colony. We found 5 birds that appeared to be incubating. I also found 4 White-rumped Sandpipers on the island.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL