ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   June 16, 2014

To:     All UF Graduate Students

Cc:     All UF Graduate Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF Graduate Student Council (GSC)

RE:     Graduate Student Council Seeking Volunteers for Fall 2014 Orientation

The UF Graduate Student Council (GSC) is seeking volunteers for New Graduate Student Orientation on Monday, August 18, 2014, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., to make it as welcoming an experience as possible for new members of the graduate student body at UF.

You can volunteer by:

(1) Joining the Planning Committee to help plan the GSC Information Session and other sessions at Orientation: This committee will meet several times over the summer, will participate in tour guide training and be present at Orientation.

(2) Serving as a tour guide: Tour guides have to train one training session (date and time to be announced) and be present at Orientation. This is an integral role, as it is a main point of contact with new graduate students and involves orienting them to key sites on campus, as well as sharing one's experiences and impressions about being a graduate student at UF.

(3) Stuffing welcome bags: New graduate students receive welcome bags that contain materials about settling in as a graduate student at UF. We need helping hands to put them together, at work sessions whose date and time are to be announced.

(4) Staffing the GSC Table: We need volunteers to staff the GSC Table at Orientation and distribute welcome bags and other information during the event.

If you wish to volunteer or have any questions, please e-mail Arun Pokhrel, Orientation/Fundraising Chair of the UF Graduate Student Council, at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Thanks much! We look forward to your participation. Go Gators!