****INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL******
To: Graduate Students planning for Summer B/C 2014 Graduation
cc: Graduate Coordinators; Graduate Administrative Staff
RE: Only 9 days left until Midpoint of Term on Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Reminder… if you plan on graduating this term, you have 9 days left until the Midpoint of the term to meet multiple published deadlines.
There are NO EXCEPTIONS to Graduate School published deadlines. You must notify your academic unit of changes BEFORE Wednesday, July 2, 2014.
Please review the checklist for students who are planning on graduating at the end of the term at http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/files/graduation-checklist.pdf. You must log into GIMS and verify that your degree program and supervisory committee are correct by using the “Verification” button. See the checklist for more details.
(1) Log into GIMS and review your degree program and supervisory committee details. If the information is correct, click the “Verification” button. Please note:
a. Thesis, project-in-lieu-of-thesis, or dissertation students: verification also includes the composition of your supervisory committee.
b. Non-thesis degree students: program oversight is at the academic unit/department/college level only. The oversight authority will be considered as the supervisory committee. Academic units can elect to enter their internal information into GIMS, but it is not required.
c. Students with minors: the name of the graduate faculty member overseeing the minor must be entered into GIMS.
(2) All changes to your degree program—including degree title, college, major, and, if applicable, minor and/or concentration--must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 2, 2014.
(3) All changes to your supervisory committee (including a change from thesis to non-thesis option) must be entered into GIMS by your academic unit no later than 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 2, 2014.
(4) Final Graduation Application Deadline is Wednesday, July 2, 2014. Remember, there are no late degree applications for the Summer B/C 2014 term.
(5) Credit Transfer Deadline: The Graduate School must receive all requests for transfer credit from academic units by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 2, 2014.
(6) Submission of Concurrent and Nontraditional Doctoral/Master’s Degree Program: You must submit a complete packet of materials for participation in a concurrent and or nontraditional doctoral/master’s degree programs, including up-to-date programs of study no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 2, 2014.
(7) Grade Resolution Deadline: Review your transcript NOW for pending or punitive grades. Problem grades, such as I (Incomplete) or NG (No Grade Reported), must appear on your transcript with a grade assignment by 5:00 p.m. Friday, July 25, 2014. Change of Grade forms “in process” will not satisfy this deadline.
(8) Grade Point Average Requirements: Students are required to have a 3.00 overall grade point average and 3.00 major grade point average (and 3.00 minor grade point average, if applicable) to graduate.
Additional Resources: Please review these websites for more detailed information. If selecting the link results in an error message, copy then paste the text into the URL address of your web browser to open the site.
Deadlines and Critical Dates:
Thesis and Dissertation Deadlines:
Supervisory Committee Attendance Requirements:
Degree Award Requirements:
UF Graduate Student Records
PO Box 115500
Gainesville, FL 32611
Telephone: (352) 392-4643
Fax: (352) 846-2756