The concept I think you are describing is a meta-network (multi-mode, multi-relation).  The organizational risk analyzer (ORA) was designed for this.  You can find the software, user guide, and many papers at www.casos.cs.cmu.edu.  My book with Wiley covers these topics as well as relational algebra to manipulate them.

Ian McCulloh