I am happy to inform you about a new journal entitled 'Journal of Network Theory in Finance' published by Risk Journals.
At the same time I'd like to draw your attention to its inaugural conference 'Financial Risk and Network Theory
" to be held on 23 September 2014 together with the Center for Risk Studies at Cambridge University, UK.
Please see the details below and feel free to forward this information within your networks.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Financial institutions and markets are highly interconnected, but literature that maps these interconnections and assesses their impact on financial risks and returns has only recently begun to emerge. The conference inaugurates the new Journal of Network Theory in Finance and aims to spark interest and feed new collaborations in this emerging multidisciplinary field.
The Journal of Network Theory in Finance (JNTF) is an interdisciplinary journal publishing academically rigorous and practitioner-focused research on the application of network theory in finance and related fields, bringing together research carried out in disparate areas within academia and other research institutions by policymakers and industry practitioners.
Conference date: 23 September, 2014
Conference location: Center for Risk Studies, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied papers on their research in financial networks. Selected papers presented at the conference will be published in forthcoming editions of the journal. Topics include, but are not limited to the research areas below.
- Empirical network analysis that enables better understanding of financial flows, exposures and markets
- Modeling and simulation techniques for measuring interdependent financial risks
- New metrics and techniques for identifying central, vulnerable or systemically important institutions and markets in financial networks
- Network modeling of time-series data for financial risk management, asset allocation and portfolio management
- Social network analysis (SNA) in finance, e.g. for making credit and investment decisions
- Applied network visualization techniques that improve the communication of financial risks and rewards
Please send your paper or a one-page abstract of the paper to Dr Kimmo Soramäki, Editor in Chief, Journal of Network Theory and Finance, at [log in to unmask]
Submission Deadline: 23 July, 2014
Notification of Acceptance: 23 August, 2014
Keynote speakers include Prof. Rosario Mantegna (Palermo and Central European University), Dr. Olli Castren (Brevan Howard Asset Management), Dr. Iman van Lelyveldt (Bank for International Settlements), Dr. Ben Craig (Bundesbank)
Dr. Fabio Caccioli (Centre for Risk Studies, Cambridge University), Dr. Andrew Coburn (Centre for Risk Studies, Cambridge University), Dr. Samantha Cook (Financial Network Analytics Ltd.), Dr. Co-Pierre Georg (University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business), Dr. Kimmo Soramäki (Financial Network Analytics Ltd.)
More information is available at the conference website