Sorry, but I am not understanding how hard drive crashes constitute a records management problem?  I agree that if this is real, heads should roll... but if--as the RM, I've put into place the tools need to maintain records as per the RM program, and training and other necessary resources have been provided to implement, why should the RM's head roll if it's actually an IT hardware problem?  Though I am sure that there is more to this story, from what I can tell it is not as much of a records management issue, as a much larger systemic institutional failure.   Me thinks a whole lot of [other] folks dropped the ball on this one.

I've not heard much [outcry] from the IT side of this listserv... I know you're out there.  What could cause hard drive crashes?  Employees deleting email inappropriately is one thing, but how do you "lose" email?

Thanks.
Earl