Hi Daryl,

Claudius Wagemann and I just published a chapter on the use of fuzzy-set QCA
for social network research:

Hollstein, Betina & Claudius Wagemann (2014): Fuzzy Set Analysis of Network
Data as Mixed Method. Personal Networks and the Transition from School to
Work. In: Silvia Dominguez & Betina Hollstein (Eds.): Mixed Methods Social
Networks Research. Design and Applications. New York: Cambridge University
Press, pp. 237-269.

For the use of crisp-set QCA see:

Smilde, David 2005. 'A Qualitative Comparative Analysis of Conversion to
Venezuelan Evangelicalism: How Networks Matter', American Journal of
Sociology 111(3): 757–796.

Both articles focus on egocentric network data.

Best,

Betina

New address/ my contact details have changed:

Prof. Dr. Betina Hollstein
Universität Bremen
Fachbereich Sozialwissenschaften
Institut für Soziologie
Mary-Somerville-Str. 3 (UNICOM / Haus Turin), R. 2030
28359 Bremen

Postadresse/ mail to:
c/o Institut für Soziologie - Geschäftsstelle
UNICOM / Haus Salzburg, R. 1110
Mary-Somerville-Str. 9
28359 Bremen

tel.: +49 - 421 - 218 67280
fax.: +49 – 421 – 218 98 67280
e-Mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Just published in the “Structural Analysis in the Social Sciences” Series,
edited by Mark Granovetter:
Silvia Dominguez & Betina Hollstein (Eds.)
Mixed- Methods Social Networks Research. Design and Applications.
New York: Cambridge University Press (2014)

<http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/sociology/research-methods-so
ciology-and-criminology/mixed-methods-social-networks-research-design-and-ap
plications>