ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   August 26, 2014

To:       All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff

From:   UF I-Cubed (Innovation through Institutional Integration) Program

RE:       9/22/14: Deadline to Apply for 2014 Graduate Student Mentoring Award

·         The UF I-Cubed Program is accepting applications for the 2014 Graduate Student Mentoring Award. This award recognizes UF graduate students who take time to help others succeed as graduate or undergraduate students or in K-12 classrooms (i.e., working with K-12 students and/or teachers). The award is particularly designed to acknowledge the mentoring contribution from the graduate students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) disciplines, including SBE (Social, Behavioral and Economic) sciences. Up to 6 awards will be given and the awardees will be officially announced during Graduate Student Research Day on October 28th, 2014. Applicants must be a UF graduate student in either a PhD or Master’s program at the time of application.

·

·         Awards will be given to student-mentors who provided or currently provide:

·         Peer-to-peer mentoring of graduate students

·         Mentoring of undergraduate students

·         Mentoring in a K-12 classroom (working with K-12 students and/or teachers)

Application packages are due by 5:00PM on September 22, 2014.

For full details on the Graduate Student Mentoring Award, visit http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/funding-2/nsf-funding/i-cubed-graduate-student-mentoring-award/

·         This award is co-sponsored by UF’s Graduate School and the I-Cubed Program.