Date: August 26, 2014
To: All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff
From: UF I-Cubed (Innovation through Institutional Integration) Program
RE: 9/22/14: Deadline to Apply for 2014 Graduate Student Mentoring Award
· The UF I-Cubed Program is accepting applications for the 2014 Graduate Student Mentoring Award. This award recognizes UF graduate students who take time to help others succeed as graduate or undergraduate students or in K-12 classrooms (i.e., working with K-12 students and/or teachers). The award is particularly designed to acknowledge the mentoring contribution from the graduate students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) disciplines, including SBE (Social, Behavioral and Economic) sciences. Up to 6 awards will be given and the awardees will be officially announced during Graduate Student Research Day on October 28th, 2014. Applicants must be a UF graduate student in either a PhD or Master’s program at the time of application.
· Peer-to-peer mentoring of graduate students
· Mentoring of undergraduate students
· Mentoring in a K-12 classroom (working with K-12 students and/or teachers)
· This award is co-sponsored by UF’s Graduate School and the I-Cubed Program.