Hello, Professor Fitzgerald,

Our research group has been doing similar research in the past
two years.

We presented a paper at GOR13 (General Online Research
13) on a hyperlink network analysis of German and Japanese
associations in the consultative process in which we used text-
mining to identify major actors and then compared their website
and hyperlink networks. Our paper was published in a monograph
available here:

http://www.cajs.tsukuba.ac.jp/monograph/articles/05_201303/CAJS_Monograph_No5.pdf

(That's the link to the entire monograph, the paper is on
pages 2 to 29.)

Using a refined method, we also presented at paper at
DISC2013 (for the conference program, please see
http://asia-triplehelix.org/notice/52469?ckattempt=1).
The title was "Energfy Policy Participation Through
Networks Transcending Cleavage: An Analysis of Japanese
and German Renewable Energy Promotion Policies."

If you are interested in the slides, I can ask my co-
authors if I could send them to you.

That paper is forthcoming in _Quality and Quantity_ very soon.
We are in the process of editing the final proofs.

We are highly interested in this topic from both topical
and methodological perspectives. Please contact me
offgroup if you would like further information.

Good luck.

Leslie Tkach-Kawasaki, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences
University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan