Hi, James: The GSS also has ego-centric batteries in 1985 and sometime in the early 2000s.  Also, PHEN-X, a project of the NHGRO at NIH has workgroup toolboxes and you can find a survey format in Social Environment...Bernice Pescosolido
________________________________
From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of K James Cho [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 2:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] Surveys measuring being networked?

Good afternoon,

My name is James Cho, and I am a doctoral student at Texas A&M University in the Communication Department, and a first time poster.

I am interested in looking at how to operationalize being networked in survey data. I have come across some GSS survey data which measures Internet usage, but I think only examining Internet use may be a bit limited in measuring how networked an individual is. Can anyone think of studies which specifically operationalize being networked in survey research?

Thank you for your time.

James Cho
http://communication.tamu.edu/html/bio--kyongjamescho.html

--