I took a brief walk on through Erna Nixon Park before work this morning. Many of the IDs were sound only, but aside from the usual Carolina Wrens and Northern Cardinals, the most notable presence in the park was that of Tufted Titmice and Carolina Chickadees and then 2 distinct individual Eastern Screech Owls. List would be (with estimated numbers - * denotes sound only):

Carolina Wren (5)
Northern Cardinals (lots)
Yellow-throated Warbler (3)
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (a lot)
Carolina Chickadee (2*)
Tufted Titmouse (1*)
American Redstart (2)
Blue Jay (a mob)
Red-shouldered Hawk (1 and 1 imposter [see previous entry])
Pileated Woodpecker (1*)
Downy Woodpecker (2)
Red-bellied Woodpecker (3*)
Mourning Dove (4)
Eastern Screech Owl (2*)

I don't usually do e-mails like this, but I thought it was an interesting enough morning to make an e-note of it.

Christopher Ferro / Brevard County