Hey everyone,

Stephen Presutti and I had a good morning at Central Winds Park.  We arrived just after 8 AM and left around 12:45.  We ended up with 51 species:

Black-Bellied Whistling-Duck (2)
Anhinga
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Little Blue Heron
Tricolored Heron
Cattle Egret
Green Heron
White Ibis
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle (1-2)
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Killdeer
Chimney Swift
Ruby-Throated Hummingbird (1)
Belted Kingfisher (1)
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
American Kestrel (1)
Peregrine Falcon (1 - flyover)
Loggerhead Shrike
White-Eyed Vireo (2)
Red-Eyed Vireo (3)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Barn Swallow (4)
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Veery (1)
Northern Mockingbird
European Starling
Ovenbird (1 - we heard 2 or 3 more)
Black-and-White Warbler (at least 2)
Nashville Warbler (1 - near the butterfly garden, first found in the trees on the athletic field side of the fence; later re-found across the entrance road in the shady grove east of the restrooms)
American Redstart (8-10)
Cape May Warbler (2 - one adult female; one first year bird)
Northern Parula (15-20?  Possibly more?)
Magnolia Warbler (1 - close to the lake, but not the immediate lakeside "trail")
Yellow Warbler (1 - same area as Magnolia)
Chestnut-Sided Warbler (2 - same area as Magnolia)
Black-Throated Blue Warbler (2 - male near the athletic fields; female down by the lake near the other warblers)
Palm Warbler (1 - FOF)
Yellow-Throated Warbler (3-4)
Prairie Warbler (6-8)
Northern Cardinal
Boat-Tailed Grackle

Lori Mathis also reported a Blackburnian Warbler from the trees near the butterfly garden, near where the Nashville was found.

Central Winds Park is on SR-434 on the south shore of Lake Jessup in Winter Springs, Seminole County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, FL (Orange Co.)