From: mailto:[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 9:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask] ; 'FLORIDABIRDS'
Subject: [SPAM][nflbirds] Frontal passage & birding prospects

Hi all,

               The first strong front of the season is expected tonight, with surface winds moderate N early tonight increasing to fresh NE during the night. Upper level winds are favorable (2600 ft) as well, NW in the New England area this morning and NE south of that around 20 - 30 mph. That should be a good impetus for lots of birds to move south. No rain is expected along the front (low odds) so most birds will be moving over the Northern Gulf Coast non-stop, but in large movements, some always put down.

               The front is expected to go stationary in the northern Gulf with fresh E  & NE winds persisting through Friday, so birds will be on the move the next few days, but usually the main pulse is right behind the front. So my bet is that tomorrow should be good at the migrant traps from St. George Is. to the MS coast. This all depends, of course, on the accuracy of the Marine Forecast. Since weather stations sample the upper atmosphere twice a day, around 7 am & 7 pm, if anything should change, I will post it tonight.

               So far, it has been a lackluster migration, with fewer birds than usual at Ft Pickens and our yard for this time of year. Let’s hope it changes tonight.

Bob Duncan

Gulf Breeze in the w. Panhandle

Posted by: "Lucy & Bob Duncan" <[log in to unmask]>

.