With apologies for cross-posting, I invite folks on this list to consider
applying for a faculty position in Communication Technology at Northeastern
University. Details below - I'm also happy to answer questions off-list (

*Northeastern University*
*Department of Communication Studies*
*Tenure Track/Open Rank Position in Communication Technology*

The Communication Studies Department at Northeastern University invites
applicants for an open rank, tenure-­‐line position, tenure-­‐on-­‐entry
full or associate professor or tenure-­‐track assistant professor. This
position reflects our department’s commitment to understanding and
enhancing the effectiveness of communication systems, processes, and
infrastructure as they relate to public life, civil society, and
professional practice.

Position Description: Communication Technology, Behavior, and Society. We
are seeking candidates who apply a variety of disciplinary and
methodological approaches to analyzing social media, mobile communication,
and other information technologies including their design, use, contents,
forms, effects, and social implications. We are particularly interested in
candidates who can work across disciplines on externally funded projects
relevant to sustainability, security, data science, and/or health. The
individual filling this position will teach courses at all levels, with an
emphasis on offerings dealing with data visualization, digital
communication, network science, online communities, and/or social media.

Context:

The Department of Communication Studies has three distinct advantages. One,
the faculty conducts research and teaches courses across a diversity of
specializations including public advocacy and argumentation; political
communication; science, health, and risk communication; organizational and
interpersonal communication; digital communication and social networks; and
media production. Two, we are located within a major private global
research university and a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban
engagement and interdisciplinary research. Also, the College has a unique
combination of disciplines, including Architecture, Art + Design, Game
Design, Communication Studies, Journalism, Media and Screen Studies, Music,
and Theatre. Three, we are in Boston, a thriving urban center of culture
and innovation with extensive global connections. See:
www.northeastern.edu/camd

 Qualifications:

Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in communication or a related field
by the start date of August 2015 and, appropriate to rank, a distinguished
record of research, teaching, and service, or the demonstrated potential
for such.

Additional Information:

Applications must be submitted electronically at
www.northeastern.edu/camd/about/careers/. Include a letter of application
describing research, teaching, and any relevant professional experience,
along with a CV, two representative publications, and evidence of
excellence in teaching. Applicants should also identify three or more
references that can be contacted to provide letters of recommendation.
Applications received on or before November 17, 2014 will be guaranteed
full review and consideration. Inquiries may be directed to Dr. Matthew
Nisbet, chair of the search committee, at [log in to unmask]

Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern
University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and
persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-­‐Verify
Employer.