With apologies for cross-posting, I invite folks on this list to consider applying for a faculty position in Communication Technology at Northeastern University. Details below - I'm also happy to answer questions off-list ([log in to unmask]).

Northeastern University
Department of Communication Studies
Tenure Track/Open Rank Position in Communication Technology

The Communication Studies Department at Northeastern University invites applicants for an open rank, tenure-­‐line position, tenure-­‐on-­‐entry full or associate professor or tenure-­‐track assistant professor. This position reflects our department’s commitment to understanding and enhancing the effectiveness of communication systems, processes, and infrastructure as they relate to public life, civil society, and professional practice.

Position Description: Communication Technology, Behavior, and Society. We are seeking candidates who apply a variety of disciplinary and methodological approaches to analyzing social media, mobile communication, and other information technologies including their design, use, contents, forms, effects, and social implications. We are particularly interested in candidates who can work across disciplines on externally funded projects relevant to sustainability, security, data science, and/or health. The individual filling this position will teach courses at all levels, with an emphasis on offerings dealing with data visualization, digital communication, network science, online communities, and/or social media.

Context:

The Department of Communication Studies has three distinct advantages. One, the faculty conducts research and teaches courses across a diversity of specializations including public advocacy and argumentation; political communication; science, health, and risk communication; organizational and interpersonal communication; digital communication and social networks; and media production. Two, we are located within a major private global research university and a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement and interdisciplinary research. Also, the College has a unique combination of disciplines, including Architecture, Art + Design, Game Design, Communication Studies, Journalism, Media and Screen Studies, Music, and Theatre. Three, we are in Boston, a thriving urban center of culture and innovation with extensive global connections. See: www.northeastern.edu/camd

Qualifications:

Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in communication or a related field by the start date of August 2015 and, appropriate to rank, a distinguished record of research, teaching, and service, or the demonstrated potential for such.

Additional Information:

Applications must be submitted electronically at www.northeastern.edu/camd/about/careers/. Include a letter of application describing research, teaching, and any relevant professional experience, along with a CV, two representative publications, and evidence of excellence in teaching. Applicants should also identify three or more references that can be contacted to provide letters of recommendation. Applications received on or before November 17, 2014 will be guaranteed full review and consideration. Inquiries may be directed to Dr. Matthew Nisbet, chair of the search committee, at [log in to unmask].

Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-­‐Verify Employer.