Please forgive cross-postings…

The School of Psychology at the Georgia Institute of Technology invites applications to fill two tenured or tenure-track positions at the Assistant Professor or early Associate Professor level, one in Engineering Psychology and one in Organizational Psychology

For the ENGINEERING PSYCHOLOGY, Human Factors position, the successful applicant will have earned a Ph.D. in engineering psychology or in an allied program at the time of appointment, and have publications, teaching experience, skills, and a funding record commensurate with the rank sought. We are looking for someone whose primary interest is in understanding the fundamentals of human behavior and experience in a technological world. For the ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY position, the successful applicant will have earned a Ph.D. in I/O Psychology or in an allied program in psychology at the time of appointment, and have publications, teaching experience, skills, and a funding record commensurate with the rank sought. The applicant should have a strong psychological science perspective and have or show evidence of the ability to develop a vigorous research program that can contribute to both I/O and psychology as a whole.

For both positions, although we are open to candidates within the general research areas of Engineering Psychology and Industrial/Organizational Psychology, we are particularly interested in candidates whose existing research connects to issues of affective experiences, personality, development, social psychology, or quantitative methodsSuccessful applicants will be expected to maintain an active, funded research program, teach graduate and undergraduate classes, and be effective and conscientious departmental citizens. A cover letter (please specify which position you are applying for in your cover letter), curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching interests, representative p/reprints, and 3 letters of recommendation should be sent through the online portal at: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/4616. Submission of recent teaching evaluations are also encouraged if available. Confidential inquiries can be sent to Dawn Franklin ([log in to unmask]). Review of applications will begin October 13, and will continue until the positions are filled.

The selected candidates will enjoy an atmosphere at Georgia Tech that nourishes all aspects of the their research efforts, including very competitive salaries and start-up funds, state of the art facilities for research, exceptional graduate and undergraduate students, and abundant opportunities for interdisciplinary research across campus. The School is currently composed of 24 faculty members and offers research/doctoral training in I/O, Cognitive & Brain Sciences, Quantitative, Cognitive Aging, and Engineering Psychology. Part of the College of Sciences, the School of Psychology is housed in a completely renovated building in the heart of the Georgia Tech campus hidden from the hustle and bustle of a modern, rejuvenated midtown Atlanta. The Georgia Institute of Technology is part of the University System of Georgia and is an AA/EEO Employer. Applications from women and minority candidates at any rank are especially welcome. For more information about the School of Psychology, please visit our web site: http://www.psychology.gatech.edu

Leslie DeChurch
Associate Professor of Psychology
Georgia Tech