Crossing my fingers that they'll eventually release access to them via the
public API, but for now there have been no updates to how the API works
(ie., you're still limited to collecting basically no historical tweets).

---

Alexander Leavitt
PhD Candidate
USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism
http://alexleavitt.com
Twitter: @alexleavitt <http://twitter.com/alexleavitt>