Dear all,

We are excited to announce that the Information Visualization MOOC will be taught again in Spring semester 2015 (visit http://ivmooc.cns.iu.edu to see the 2014 version of the course and a list of 2014 clients and projects). Student’s learn the theoretical and technical skills to create information visualizations, and then given the opportunity to work with real-world clients and data as a team.

You are invited to submit a client project that takes advantage of our students’ diverse skills in programming, design, data analysis and mining, and visualization. We are looking for well-defined projects that can be completed within seven weeks by teams of 4-5 students. Clients are responsible for three tasks:

As a client, you are welcome to interact in a more substantial ways with any of the student teams.

If you are interested in exploring this unique opportunity, please complete the application form at http://goo.gl/hqzlcS by November 21, 2014. Let us know if you have questions but keep subject header.

Thank you for considering and best regards,
Michael Ginda and Katy Börner

--
Katy Borner
Victor H. Yngve Professor of Information Science

ILS, School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University
Wells Library 021, 1320 E. Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Phone: (812) 855-3256  Fax: -6166