Students applying to PhD programs with an interest in social networks, text
analysis and/or Big Data applications, please consider applying to our new NSF
funded training program. We offer world class scholars in a world class
university, on one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in California.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Professor John Mohr
Dept of Sociology,
University of California, Santa Barbara

*** Apologies for cross-posting***

The University of California, Santa Barbara Interdisciplinary PhD Training
Program on Network Science and Big Data (funded by an NSF IGERT Grant) is
now accepting PhD applications for the 2015 academic year.

Students will be admitted into one of the following 7 departments:

-	Communication
-	Computer Science
-	Ecology, Evolution and Marine Biology
-	Electrical and Computer Engineering
-	Geography
-	Mechanical Engineering
-	Sociology

And trained through a special interdisciplinary program focusing on the use of
Network Analysis in a World of Big Data.

We are looking for outstanding students to work with an award-winning, multi-
disciplinary faculty to receive cutting edge training in next generation research
theories and techniques.

IGERT Fellows receive a full two years of funding as NSF Fellows
($30,000/year) in addition to other funding from department and the
university.  (Applicants must be U.S. citizens of permanent residents).

Applicants who have the potential to contribute to higher education through
their understanding of the barriers facing women, domestic minorities,
students with disabilities, and other members of groups underrepresented in
higher education careers, as evidenced by life experiences and educational
background are especially encouraged to apply.

To find more about our program, visit: http://networkscience.igert.ucsb.edu

Applications are due December 15, 2014

For other questions,
contact Tim Robinson, IGERT Program Coordinator: [log in to unmask]
Or Alyssa Newman, IGERT Diversity Coordinator: [log in to unmask]