Michelle,

To add to the previous references, you might also want to check out: Carboni, I., & Gilman, R. (2012).  Brokers at risk: Gender differences in the effects of structural position on social stress and life satisfaction. Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice, Vol 16(3), 218-230.

Good luck,

Yuval

Dr. Yuval Kalish

Department of Management