We encourage a wide range of applicants around the themes of computational social science, digital humanities, and network science.  Please reach out to me if you have any questions.

dl

Faculty positions in computational social science and digital humanities

Northeastern University invites applications and nominations at all ranks (Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor) for a cluster of faculty positions in fields encompassed by the Digital Humanities and Computational Social Science. We define the range of relevant disciplines broadly to include study in the humanities or human behavior and developing computational methods applied to these domains.

In association with a new multidisciplinary center, the NUlab for Texts, Maps, and Networks, this cluster hire builds on Northeastern’s national prominence in the digital humanities, computational social science, and network science. At the core of NUlab lies new collaborative work across disciplines in the era of big data, digitized texts, visualization, and social media. The premise of the lab is that both the humanities and the social sciences are at the beginning of a paradigm shift driven by the opportunities offered by emerging corpora of large-scale data coupled with enormous computational power.

We welcome applications from faculty engaged in research areas and technologies including (but not limited to) geographic information systems, text mining, topic modeling, network analysis, natural language processing, machine learning, gaming, new media, digital curation, and data visualization and design. Cross-disciplinary and cross-college appointments are possible.

To apply go to:  https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/32289

David Lazer (pronounced as if it were Lazar)

Distinguished Professor of Political Science and Computer and Information Science, Northeastern University
Co-Director, NULab for Texts, Maps, and Networks:  http://www.northeastern.edu/nulab/