Thank you everyone for your detailed responses and suggestions. Many of you
contacted me off list, and some asked for a reference list once I have
heard from everyone (it seems this is a topic of interest for many!). I am
pulling all of these references together now and will post it within the
week, in case more of you are interested.

Thanks again - this was my first time posting a query to the list and I am
thoroughly impressed and very grateful for the collective insight.

Aloha,
Michele

Michele Barnes-Mauthe
Research Assistant, PhD Candidate
Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Management
University of Hawaii at Manoa

Interested in marine resource management? Check out our new publications on
ethnic diversity and social network structure in Hawaii's longline fishery
here: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol18/iss1/art23/, the global
economic value of shark ecotourism here:
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8956430
, and the total economic value of small-scale fisheries and their
contribution to sustainable livelihoods here:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0165783613001537