Hello!

My name is Lauren and I’m a Research Coordinator for Dr. Neil Abernethy in
the Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education at the
University of Washington. We’re currently recruiting for a study about
network visualization tasks. There are two versions of this study; one
in-person on-site in Seattle with eye-tracking software and one online
wherever you have internet access. Your responses will help inform design
and layout choices for a novel software tool for network visualization by
helping us understand how people interpret different kinds of network
visualizations under different assumptions about the networks.

As part of this research, you would complete some common network analysis
tasks, such as finding a path between two points in a network graph, and
then rating your confidence in your answer.  Upon completion of the
in-person study, you will receive a $25 pre-paid VISA card for your time.
If you’re interested in the online study, you will complete the survey at
your convenience wherever you have internet access. Participation in the
online study offers entry into a raffle for one of two $100 pre-paid VISA
card.

If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please
contact me by e-mail at [log in to unmask] *(Please remember that we cannot
guarantee the confidentiality of any information sent by e-mail).* If you
have any questions about your rights as a research subject, you can call
the University of Washington Human Subjects Division (206) 543-0098.

Thank you,

Lauren Carroll, MS, MPH

Research Coordinator
Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education

University of Washington, Seattle