Hello!

My name is Lauren and I’m a Research Coordinator for Dr. Neil Abernethy in the Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education at the University of Washington. We’re currently recruiting for a study about network visualization tasks. There are two versions of this study; one in-person on-site in Seattle with eye-tracking software and one online wherever you have internet access. Your responses will help inform design and layout choices for a novel software tool for network visualization by helping us understand how people interpret different kinds of network visualizations under different assumptions about the networks.

As part of this research, you would complete some common network analysis tasks, such as finding a path between two points in a network graph, and then rating your confidence in your answer.  Upon completion of the in-person study, you will receive a $25 pre-paid VISA card for your time. If you’re interested in the online study, you will complete the survey at your convenience wherever you have internet access. Participation in the online study offers entry into a raffle for one of two $100 pre-paid VISA card.

If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please contact me by e-mail at [log in to unmask] (Please remember that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any information sent by e-mail). If you have any questions about your rights as a research subject, you can call the University of Washington Human Subjects Division (206) 543-0098.

Thank you,

Lauren Carroll, MS, MPH

Research Coordinator
Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education

University of Washington, Seattle