Yesterday evening, 11/13, I stopped off at Daytona Beach Shores shortly before sunset. I walked the beach past thousands of Laughing and Ring-billed Gulls and found 4 Franklin's Gulls scattered periodically along about a mile of beach. The birds were found north of Van Avenue Park and south of Frank Rendon Park. These parks are located along Atlantic Avenue (A-1-A) in Daytona Beach Shores, north of the Dunlawton Avenue intersection. Interestingly, in comparing the photos from many days on the beach, these Franklin's Gulls seem to be all different individuals.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL