Hi everyone,

I will be up at the station tonight. Since it is exam week, it isn't an official night, but feel free to come hang out. Usual time and place, 730 at W4DFU.

Also I got a special request from the ARRL today for some help with a project. Please see the letter I got below. I think is something we could do with a bit of work and I am sure it would be something to share in QST. It certainly ties in nicely with the space interests of our members. Let me know if you're interested and want to help.

73,

Andy

Letter from ARRL:

Hello Andy,

It occurs to me to ask you if you might know any engineering students who would be interested in redesigning this project with currently available, low cost materials?  (see discussion below)

Here's the link to the original project description: http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ETP/Radio%20Astronomy/Build%20a%20Homebrew%20Radio%20Telescope-QST-0609.pdf

The project has had a lot of interest from high schools and the ham radio community since it was first published but many of the parts are no longer available.  We continue to receive a lot of inquiries about it.

Know anyone who might want to take this on?

I hope you have a wonderful holiday visit back home in Ohio!

73,
Debra

Debra Johnson, K1DMJ
Education Services Manager
ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio®
225 Main Street
Newington, CT 06111-1494