ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:     January 20, 2015

To:          All UF Graduate Students

From:    UF Graduate School

RE:          Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC):  Register by 01/26/15 for "GSAC Open House"

Are you interested in professional development?  If so, the Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) is holding an open house on January 27th in our effort to recruit active members in its pursuit to enhance graduate student professional development at the University of Florida. GSAC membership provides excellent opportunities to increase your professional development, networking opportunities both within the UF community and the greater Gainesville community, and leadership opportunities. Being a GSAC member will also allow you to get involved collaborative projects with departments outside your field.

Our flagship events are Graduate Student Research Day held in the fall, and the 3-Minute Thesis(tm) competition held in the spring. These events are open to all graduate students at the University of Florida. We also welcome new ideas of what graduate students would like to see in these events. If you are interested, please visit our website (http://i3.institutes.ufl.edu/graduate-student-advisory-council/) to learn more and download the application form.

Open House details: January 27th 3:30-5pm in conference room 2161 N/S in the Clinical and Translational Science Institute.  Refreshments provided.

To register, log into GIMS and follow the steps below. The registration closes on January 26th at 5 pm or when room capacity is reached (whichever comes first).  Register early to guarantee yourself a spot!

Registration Instructions

  1.  Login to GIMS using your GatorLink ID and Password: http://gradschool.ufl.edu/gimsportal/gatorlink/portal.asp
  2.  Once you login, on the top of the page click on the "Workshops" tab
  3.  Under "Register" click the box and then "Submit"
  4.  After you complete this process, you will receive an email confirmation.
If your schedule changes and you are unable to attend the event, repeat the steps above to remove yourself from the list of workshop attendees.

Should you have any questions concerning the contents of this email, please email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.