ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:     April 13, 2015

To:          All UF Graduate Students

From:    Gator McKnights Unite (GMU)

RE:          Town Hall Meeting at GHS (4/15/15)

GMU would like to invite each of your organizations to encourage volunteers to come and help out at the upcoming Town Hall Meeting on April 15th at 6pm. The event will be held at Gainesville High School and we will need 20 or more volunteers to help through the night with our crowd of parents and middle and high school students.

If you or anyone you know would like to volunteer to help, please have them email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (with the subject line: Town Hall Volunteer) and we will get more information to them. Below is a synopsis of the event:

"The Alachua County Health Promotion and Wellness (HPW) Coalition will be hosting its 9th Annual Town Hall Meeting to address youth substance abuse and other adolescent behavioral issues in Alachua County. The use of alcohol and marijuana has become a national problem among adolescents and adults. Locally, the Florida Youth Substance Abuse data indicate that the use of alcohol and marijuana in Alachua County has increased for middle and high school aged youth over the past few years.

We are inviting you to attend the Town Hall Meeting, titled "Having the Conversation", which will be held on April 15, 2015 [previously announced for 4/2/15] at Gainesville High School from 6:00pm to 8:30pm. With the participation of community leaders, we hope to increase the awareness of the consequences of drugs & addiction, bullying, and sexual behavior."