ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:     August 31, 2015

To:          All UF Graduate Students

From:    American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE)

RE:          Graduate Student Fellowship Opportunity for Hispanic Students

The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), Inc. is now accepting applications for the AAHHE Graduate Student Fellows Program (GSFP) for the 2016 AAHHE National Conference. The conference will be held March 10-12, 2016, at the Hilton Costa Mesa Hotel in Costa Mesa, California. Participation in the fellowship program will begin on Wednesday March 9th, continue throughout the conference, and end at noon on Saturday March 12th.

AAHHE Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship Applicants must meet the following qualifications:

*         Be Hispanic and/or Latina/o;

*         Be enrolled in full-time graduate study in a doctoral program;

*         Demonstrate academic potential through past experiences and future career goals;

*         Aspire to enter the college/university professoriate and/or administration;

*         Exhibit a track record of service to the Hispanic and/or Latina/o community.

*         Be willing to actively participate in and commit to attend every GSFP event.

The AAHHE Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship includes conference registration fees, special events, hotel accommodations, and travel funding.

For more information and application materials please visit:

http://aahhe.org/Programs/GradStudent.aspx

All disciplines are welcome to apply.

Note: Applicants are responsible for ensuring all materials are submitted no later than Friday, September 25, 2015 by 5 p.m. (EST)

I was part of the 2014-2015 cohort, and I can personally say this has been one of the most enriching experiences I've had. I highly encourage fellow graduate students at UF interested in a career in academia to apply for this program. I would be happy to answer questions any interested person might have ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).