CALL FOR APPLICATION

Date:     September 8, 2015

To:          All UF Graduate Students

From:    UF Alpha Epsilon Lambda (AEL) Honor Society

RE:          Apply by 9/14 for Alpha Epsilon Lambda Graduate and Professional Honor Society

Alpha Epsilon Lambda (AEL) is the prestigious honor society for graduate and professional school students. It recognizes students who are in the top 35% of their college, and no more than 1% of these students are accepted each year. We are currently starting that application process for new members for induction in Fall 2015. AEL is the FIRST and ONLY academic honor society dedicated to the recognition of excellence among graduate and professional school students, regardless of academic discipline.

If you think you meet the qualifications, please send an email to [log in to unmask]
 with your:

1.       First and last name

2.       Major

3.       GPA (you will need to be in the top 35% of your major to qualify)

4.       Credits completed (you will need to have already completed 12 or more credits at UF to qualify)

The deadline for sending this email to check your eligibility is Monday September 14th 2015 at 5pm. Qualified applicants will be sent a full membership application in return, as well as an invitation to a meet-and-greet for potential new members.

The final application for membership will consist of an information form, your CV/resume and a letter of reference. In your application, we will look for demonstrated leadership as well as professional/scholarly accomplishments both inside and outside of school. Please take the time to present these documents in the most professional manner. Your presentation or lack thereof, plays a role in determining acceptance when application numbers are high in a given semester. We plan to verify your eligibility as we receive your email and will try to respond promptly. Completing this pre-screening does not in any way commit you to applying for, or accepting, admission to AEL, nor does it constitute an acceptance by AEL for your membership. Only when an invitation is extended will an obligation be constituted.

We look forward to hearing from you!