Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving holiday!  There's a couple of great workshops I would like to make you aware of that are happening this week and next:

1.       GSAC and the CRC will be hosting Martha Kern THIS THURSDAY, December 3rd from 11am-12pm in the Reitz Union Auditorium to present on financial management for grad/PhD students.

Her presentation will include the following 3 topics:

a.       Financial Foundations

b.      Stretching Your Budget

c.       Basics of Investing

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

2.      Join WiSE THIS THURSDAY (12/3) from 2 - 4pm in the Visualization Conference Room (L136) in Marston Science Library for a panel discussion on career paths in science that you may not have been aware of!
"So You Don't Want to be a Professor?" - Exploring Other Career Paths in Science
Panelists include:
Luisa Amelia Dempere, Ph.D., Engineer and Director for the Research Service Centers
Sara Gonzalez, Ph.D., Assistant University Librarian, Marston Science Library
Sharon Judge, Ph.D., Biosafety Officer, UF Division of Environmental Health & Safety
Sue Rocher, Software Developer, Infinite Energy
Join the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1653199418288874/
WiSE is a safe space for people of all genders and all levels of their careers. New members are always welcome -- bring a friend! Light refreshments will be served.

3.     No matter which field you are in, social justice issues affect ALL of us.  Please join Teaching for Social Justice (TSJ) for a film screening of "40 Years Later:  Now Can We Talk?," a documentary film about the legacies of school desegregation on Wednesday, December 9 from 6pm-7:30pm in 2309 Norman Hall. Please see thier Facebook page for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1532598657053800/."<https://www.facebook.com/events/1532598657053800/>

Kindest Regards,

Katie Indarawis, PhD
University of Florida
The Graduate School