All of our peer tutoring in our Office of Learning Assistance is
course-specific, and is tied to that course through Tutor-Trac.  However,
if a student wants help with something other than a course s/he is
currently registered for at our university, we can pass the request on
to our tutors.  If a tutor is interested in working with the
client privately--outside of our office-- and pay the tutor directly,
that's fine.  In fact, this is specified in our policies.  In this way, our
peer tutors can earn some extra money for non-university related work
(usually more per hour than they earn when they work at our Center), and
there is no blurring of lines about the work that is actually done in our
center and on our dime.

Hope this is helpful.