From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Schott, Sarena <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 8:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Opportunities for Students with Low Placement Scores

Good morning, everyone,

I am currently at an institution that does not have floor scores, which means that students with COMPASS placement scores as low as 1 in math, reading, and/or writing are able to enroll in courses. As a result the lack of success that these students typically experience, we are in the process of looking at what programs we have available for students to pursue successfully and transition into the workforce.

If you institution does not have floor scores, what interventions (in addition to dev ed courses, supplemental instruction, and/or tutoring) do you have for low-scoring students? What academic program, such as certificates, are they able to pursue?

Thanks in advance for your input,
Sarena

----
Sarena J. L. Schott